Course Selection for students in Yr 11-13 working towards NCEA Level 1, 2 or 3
Your selection of subjects for next year will follow Academic Counselling.
- Yr 11 will select 5 subjects, each will involve 20-24 credits assessed per course, most, but not all courses will include external exam assessment. Some courses do not continue onto the next levels.
- Yr 12 and 13 will select 5 subjects, each will involve around 24 credits assess per course, most, but not all courses will include external exam assessment
- Students likely to achieve less than ½ required for NCEA will most likely remain at that level for most subjects.
- Students closer to completing NCEA may be able to advance in SOME subjects
- Students who complete NCEA will usually be able to advance.
- Some subjects have prerequisite work that must be completed before moving up a level ie specific units at this level must be completed before you can move up
- Literacy and Numeracy requirements may affect choices for those with limited prior completion
During Academic Counselling teachers, deans, parents and students will consider”
- Your requests
- Your results to date
- Your attitude
- Your targets
- The requirements for completion of NCEA and your future
A course selection made in Term 3:
- Will be confirmed, and change maybe required, when the whole years performance can be considered
- Will help us create a new timetable for next year
- The availability of courses for students will be affected by numbers selecting subjects and results achieved
NCEA involves many levels of success:
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Course completion
- NCEA itself
- Each achievement standard course may be endorsed at Merit or Excellence.
- 14 credits at higher levels need to be gained in one year for Course endorsement
- 5 course endorsements could be possible each year
- Other requirements will be identified later
- NCEA itself maybe endorsed for MERIT or EXCELLENCE by gaining 50 credits at those levels
- Students may complete these NCEA awards over more than one year
- Many students will complete an award at a lower level by completion of work the following year, at a higher level.
- You may need to apply for a new certificate
- One free certificate may be requested each year
- Results are posted online
All success can only follow if students attend regularly and the application and effort are at high levels
- Yr 11 Enrolment Pack 2019
- Yr 11 NCEA Level 1 Curriculum Guide 2019.doc
- Yr 11 General School Information Guide 2019
- ONLINE CLASSES OFFERED IN 2019
- Year_11__Stationery_and_Course_fee_list 2019
- Stationery Pricelist 2019
- Uniform Order Price List 2019
Yr 10 students who have purchased a chromebook in 2018 will carry these into Yr 11 in 2019. If you are a new student to Yr 11 the Dean will advise you regarding the purchase of a Chromebook for 2019 and payment options available to you. Please email the Yr 11 Dean, Whaea Olivia George for more information. Click on links below for introduction letter and information on ordering a new chromebook and payment options available to you.