GATEWAY – Te Tomokanga
Workbased training and assessment in the workplace
GATEWAY is a direct method for your child to experience and explore career opportunities.
Students undertaking workplace learning programmes:
- Test future career and employment options
- Increase self-confidence and enhance communication skills though learning in an adult environment
- Learn things in the workplace that are useful for school studies
- Better understand the relevance of school based learning
- Increase their motivation and interest in learning
GATEWAY also improves efficiency, effectiveness and pleasure of learning by providing opportunities for contextual and applied learning.
GATEWAY allows young people and employers to get to know one another, this can help make young people’s job search and employer’s recruitment more efficient.
Mr Paul Cochrane
Employer and Student Liaison
094041055 ext.: 840