GATEWAY – Te tomokanga
Workbased training and assessment in the workplace
GATEWAY is a direct method for your son or daughter to experience and explore career opportunities.
- Test future career and employment options
- Increase self-confidence and enhance communication skills though learning in an adult environment
- Learn things in the workplace that are useful for school studies
- Better understand the relevance of school based learning
- Increase their motivation and interest in learning
GATEWAY also improves efficiency, effectiveness and pleasure of learning by providing opportunities for contextual and applied learning.
GATEWAY allows young people and employers to get to know one another, this can help make young people’s job search and employer’s recruitment more efficient.
- Is he or she a senior student (Year 11, 12, 13)?
- Is he or she motivated to learn in the workplace?
- Is he or she able to manage their school work expectations and fully commit themselves to GATEWAY?
- Is he or she able to display a strong interest in a particular industry or career direction?
- Is he or she reliable and have an excellent attendance record at school?
- Is he or she work ready?
For any queries please contact:
Annette Wynyard – Gateway Manager
Paul Cochrane – Gateway Co-Ordinator
094041055 ext 840